Lead Developer (B2C)
Following our global expansion, we are seeking a talented Lead Developer to join our growing team.
You will be responsible for leading our Native Apps Engineering Team developing Mobile (Android/iOS) applications for our Consumer and Business facing brands.
Reporting to the CTO, you will work closely with the Product Managers and other business representatives to ensure that the engineering team delivers exceptional output to support the business goals. You will also be part of our engineering management team, collaborating with colleagues across all engineering disciplines and common communities of practice.
What you will be doing
- Leading the day-to-day output of the Native dev team.
- Mentoring and guiding at a team and individual level.
- Setting goals and targets and measuring against these.
- Assisting with the recruiting and subsequent onboarding of new starters.
- Advising on and identifying opportunities for skills and development.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior team management and mentoring skills, high integrity and great attention to detail.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- People oriented developer. Likes to give direction, enjoys unblocking the road, inspires participation from everyone, encourages ownership of process, quality, output.
- Gets stuck in and codes, leads from the front.
- Great thinking, planning and organisational ability.
- Solid background as a Developer/Senior Developer.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Swift/Objective C/Java.
- Nice to have: Experience in hybrid app design eg React Native.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK and will be expected to provide documentation to support this status. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visa or relocation at this time.