Digital Product Manager (B2C)
We are looking for a top performing digital product manager to create, manage and sustain exceptional customer experiences and deliver the best-in-class performance of customer-facing websites and applications. This person will be empowered to lead end-to-end decision making for products: creating the vision, articulating the strategy, developing the plan, leading delivery and measuring and being ultimately accountable for performance.
What you’ll be doing
Products are at the core of what we do at Gelato. Therefore, this is a highly visible role that requires working closely with the Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Technology Officer, the SVP of Gelato Consumer (Optimalprint), the SVP of Gelato Globe other product managers and product teams, development teams and network operations teams to own the following responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the existing customer base and user experience, leveraging web and native app analytics, customer research, customer feedback and other existing data sources.
- Benchmark competitive offerings and glean insights from how best-in-class players approach challenges – what we at Gelato call ‘growing the apple tree’.
- Evangelize dev teams, (physical product) category managers and business leaders around a compelling future vision for the web and app.
- Once the vision is aligned (and refined), define the plan to deliver on the vision: ambitious iterative development reflecting a thoughtful prioritization of effort.
- Lead agile, empowered and dedicated development teams on a day-to-day basis, taking decisions, answering questions and closely managing scope and quality of deliverables.
- Define success criteria for the web and apps and build the insight required to measure it effectively. Obsess over the data and always be working to gain more insight to drive better outcomes.
Who you are
You are committed to creating exceptional experiences for customers. You are a passionate defender of the customer experience. You are ambitious, self-directed and driven. You understand how to drive performance outcomes from a customer-facing, transactional website and/or native app. You are analytically rigorous and data-driven. You are confident and experienced working with an agile development team. You understand the technology stack and you know how to drive desired product outcomes with the development team. You are an excellent communicator, equally confident in talking to developers and the business. You have your own opinion (albeit one that is well informed, and data-driven).
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- 3+ years of experience in product management, including 2+ years of experience in app or web product management.
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle, including a first-hand experience of a successful launch of an app or web product.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to identify, tailor, and present complex topics to a variety of audiences.