Senior Copywriter & Content Manager for Optimalprint
In an increasingly digital age, it’s easy to think that everyone is printing less and less. An average person takes about 1,000 photos with their phone each year - capturing more and more memories. As a result, personalized printed products for families and loved ones has actually grown very quickly over the last 10 years - and continues to be an exciting and growing industry. Optimalprint (www.optimalprint.no) is an e-commerce leader in personalized photo products for consumers across Europe, North America, and Australia. Optimalprint helps people enjoy and share their photos by printing them in beautiful products in an easy, affordable, and sustainable way. Optimalprint has the highest customer satisfaction scores in all its markets (measured independently) and the highest-rated photo printing app in the Apple and Google stores. We are working hard to innovate and continue to bring new products and the best user experience to the market. For our customers, Optimalprint represents a smarter way of bringing their memories into their daily lives.
Do you want to join us in working towards our vision to become the world's most customer centric and sustainable local printing service? We’re now looking for a talented and creative Senior Copywriter & Content Manager to join Optimalprint to create world class communication, head turning copy and engaging content. You will play a central role in shaping the tone of voice for the Optimalprint brand and manage a team of copywriters working globally in all Optimalprint markets. You will work in the marketing team at the Gelato HQ in Oslo in close collaboration with the in-house creative team, the customer engagement team and product managers.
What you will be doing
- Play a central role in making the new Optimalprint brand and tone of voice come to life and ensure consistency of tone, language and brand across all platforms.
- Be responsible for copy in owned and paid channels including global marketing campaigns, e-mail, storytelling and content creation.
- Develop and be responsible for the copy and messaging throughout the entire creative process from brief, idea, concept creation to execution, proofreading, quality check and implementation.
- Lead and manage a team of copywriters and translators worldwide and ensure on-brand copy that is localized, culturally relevant and quality checked in a timely and efficient manner.
- Oversee copywriter and translation allocation, budget, and hiring.
- Support and collaborate with external creative agencies and partners in the production of marketing collateral.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams and internal stakeholders.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior communication skills, high integrity and great attention to detail.
You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly seeking inspiration. You are result oriented and passionate about the use of data & tech and customer insights to push the boundaries of digital advertising. You are customer centric and eager to understand the customers’ needs at different stages of the marketing funnel to make relevant and engaging communication.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and the vision – sharing creativity and for creating world class copy and engaging communication.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Marketing or a related discipline.
- 6+ years of concepting, copywriting and writing experience in a creative role within an agency, marketing department or at a media house.
- Excellent communication and copy skills in English and Swedish or Norwegian. Preferably with a solid understanding of Danish, German and French.
- Highly experienced in writing effective copy for digital marketing campaigns, email communication and copy on digital platforms. Preferably have experience from working with e-commerce and global consumer brands.
- A solid and strong personal portfolio that shows creative range, innovative thinking, and demonstrates experience in creating digital marketing, email communication and engaging content. Please submit a link to your online portfolio as part of the application.
- Strong project management skills. Attention to detail, organized and understanding the importance of exceptional production throughout projects and be comfortable to work with tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- You can easily pivot from team brainstorming to script writing, copy planning and production and have the ability to storyboard, illustrate, or translate ideas into campaigns and communication and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.
We look forward to receiving your application!