UX Lead B2C
The UX Lead B2C is responsible for the design and implementation of the front-end of the Optimalprint e-commerce store and products, across multiple platforms and devices. You will build deep data-driven understanding of customer needs and translate them into delightful customer experiences that supports Gelato’s vision to enable individuals to share their creativity.
Reporting to the Product Owner for Consumer and working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders, you will lead decisions regarding product design and define the end-to-end user experience for Gelato’s consumer business. You will collaborate across disciplines to create design solutions for a diversity of problems, scale and media. In this role, you get exposure to and involvement with all parts of the design process: user research, concept development, prototyping, working with developers and design stewardship.
We’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about designing elegant user experiences as for using systematic thinking and human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems.
What you'll be doing
- Work cross-functionally across teams (product owners, online marketing, data scientist) and countries, to design and implement best-in-class frictionless experiences for Gelato’s consumer products (photo books, greeting cards, calendars, posters, new products) across platforms (web, native) and devices (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Apply a broad range of human-centered design methodologies and tools (personas, conceptual models, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes), to develop and communicate design solutions.
- Conduct quantitative research on a myriad of platforms on user behavior, funnel analysis, and conversion rates to come with improvement recommendations.
- Conduct user research to develop insight into customer needs and behaviors to define requirements and designs that meet those.
- Manage and deliver UI/UX projects by developing manuals and documentation to guide engineering, marketing, and customer support.
- Continuously conduct growth experiments across multiple mediums, such as landing pages, shopping funnels, email templates, and more, with the goal of reducing usability friction and increase conversion.
- Keep up-to-date on UX/UI best practices and trends by monitoring competition and relevant products, to identify opportunities for innovation. Share best practices internally to promote a culture of excellence in design and customercentricity.
- Be the advocate within the organization for maintaining consistent customer experiences, design systems, and standards across products and digital touch points.
- Continuously seek and implement opportunities for improvement of the products and experiences.
- Be accountable for a consistent best-in-class usability experience.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have excellent communication and
problem solving and analytical skills, high integrity, and great attention to detail. You have the (strong) ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, interaction design, or related field.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, with a focus on leading teams towards integrating digital designs into products, services, experiences, spaces, and brands.
- Demonstrated experience with A/B-Testing, Cohort Analysis, Funnel Analysis, and Segmentation Analysis.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good public speaking skills.
- Business-fluent in English.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.