Photo Product Artworker, Freelancer
We’re looking for a talented and creative art worker to help us grow our portfolio of personalized printed products (invitation cards, thank your cards, posters, photo book covers, and more) that touch the lives of millions of people every year. The person will be responsible for creating new product designs and adapting existing designs, using compositions of photography, pattern, illustration, and typography.
You have a strong passion for design and are an expert in different techniques and able to hand all facets of the creative process to produce products that our customers love to buy and that support our brand.
The role is to be based in Oslo (Norway).
Opportunities for working remotely/part-time are possible.
What you'll be doing
- Create designs for use across different product categories and marketing assets.
- Create briefs and supervise other designers to deliver great creatives that are aligned with the product and brand guidelines.
- Play a central role in shaping the new Optimalprint product portfolio and product guidelines.
What you'd need to know
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Graphic Design or Arts from top school, or a related discipline.
- A solid and strong personal portfolio that shows creative range, innovative thinking, and demonstrates experience in creating lovable designs. Please submit a link to your online portfolio as part of the application.
- A strong interest in print and stationery design.
- Attention to detail and great typography & layout skills.
- Excellent Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a must.
- Detail orientated, self-motivated, organised & able to multi-task.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills. Business-fluent in English.
Who you are
- Start-up hustle. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance. You understand that building a company is very, very hard but that is what you want to achieve.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
- Knowledge & rigor. You believe the best answer is finding the right answer, insight, or audience. You are quick on your feet and have a strategic perspective that others rely on. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar.
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills. integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize ruthlessly. Strong program management skills and proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.