Highly motivated operations manager with experience in the printing industry, responsible for managing the daily operations of a fast growth web-to-print tech company, including overseeing all aspects of production, planning, purchasing, inventory, shipping, receiving and process development and improvement.
What you will be doing
As an Operations Manager you will work closely with Gelato’s Head of Operations and the local country management team to secure print products are delivered on time to an excellent quality. You will receive feedback from customers and suppliers and use this information to constantly improve our processes. Working on multiple tasks at a fast pace is business as usual. The ideal candidate is a customer obsessed curious problem solver, who wants to exceed expectations, is eager to learn and improve. This role is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Your tasks will also include but not be limited to:
- Working alongside our printer partners and shipping partners in Brazil to ensure each order meets Gelato’s high quality standard.
- Managing escalations from printers, shipping providers, and other functions (as agreed upon), providing timely answers back to the requestors and solving the root causes.
- Assisting Customer Service front line agents and Gelato Network print partners with technical and knowledge support.
- Investigating, reproducing, assessing the scale, finding the root cause, and resolving issues connected with daily production as well as complicated end user queries.
- Writing clear, concise documentation for team members and Gelato printers to prevent similar issues across the full network and monitoring the health of these new operational processes.
- Analyzing quality metrics and contact trends to determine operational inefficiencies and then using root cause analysis to propose solutions. Working with different teams within Gelato to implement these solutions and measuring the outcomes.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements through smart use of technology and tools.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will have 1-2 years of experience within quality and operations in the printing industry.
We would like to see evidence of the following in your background:
- University degree.
- Ability to adapt, change and grow quickly as we build the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills to deal with users who may have little technical knowledge.