UX Lead B2B
The User Experience Lead (UX/UI Architect) is responsible for the design of the front-end of the Globe product, across multiple platforms and devices. You will build deep data-driven understanding of customer needs and translate them into delightful customer experiences that supports Gelato’s vision to enable our customers to share their creativity.
Working cross-functionally with dedicated product teams and internal stakeholders, you will lead decisions regarding product customer experience and define the end-to-end user experience for Gelato’s business platform. You will collaborate across disciplines to create design solutions for a diversity of problems, scale and media. In this role, you get exposure to and involvement with all parts of the design process: user research, concept development, prototyping, working with developers and design stewardship.
We’re looking for someone who is equally passionate about designing elegant user experiences as for using systematic thinking and human-centred design as a source of inspiration to solve complex problems.
What you’ll be doing
- Work cross-functionally across teams (platform owners, online marketing, data scientist) and countries, to design and implement best-in-class frictionless experiences for Gelato’s products (posters, marketing brochures, business cards etc.) across platforms (web, native) and devices (mobile, desktop, tablet).
- Apply a broad range of human-centered design methodologies and tools (personas, conceptual models, user flows, wireframes, and interactive prototypes), to develop and communicate design solutions.
- Conduct quantitative research on a myriad of platforms on user behavior, funnel analysis, and conversion rates to come with improvement recommendations.
- Conduct user research to develop insight into customer needs and behaviors to define requirements and designs that meet those.
- Manage and deliver UI/UX projects by designing solutions to guide engineering, marketing, and customer support.
- Continuously conduct growth experiments across multiple mediums, such as landing pages, shopping funnels, email templates, and more, with the goal of reducing usability friction and increase conversion.
- Keep up-to-date on UX/UI best practices and trends by monitoring competition and relevant products, to identify opportunities for innovation.
- Share best practices internally to promote a culture of excellence in design and customer centricity.
- Be the advocate within the organization for maintaining consistent customer experiences, design patterns, and standards across products and digital touch points.
- Continuously seek and implement opportunities for improvement of the products and experiences.
- Be accountable for a consistent best-in-class usability experience.
Who you are
You are committed to excel with energy and endurance. You understand that building a company is very very hard but that is what you want to achieve. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots. You believe the best answer is finding the right answer, insight, or audience. You are quick on your feet and have a strategic perspective that others rely on. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar. You are self-driven. You have superior organizational skills. integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize ruthlessly. Strong program management skills and proven experience of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work to tight timescales. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You are motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in human-computer interaction, cognitive psychology, interaction design, or related field.
- 5+ years’ of demonstrated experience designing sophisticated interactive applications on web, mobile, and desktop, as User Experience or Interaction Designer in a cross-functional product driven organization or design agency ideally in B2B products.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects, with a focus on leading teams towards integrating digital designs into products, services, experiences, spaces, and brands.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, good public speaking skills.
- Business-fluent in English.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.