Talent Acquisition Specialist
We need someone to represent Gelato and communicate our compelling value proposition in an engaging way to potential candidates and improve the overall candidate experience. We expect you to bring a comprehensive understanding of best practice talent acquisition practices. You need to have the confidence to advise team members (especially senior leaders)on ways they can positively impact the candidate experience and/or hiring process. You should be able to independently lead cost-effective sourcing through a variety of innovative approaches: events, technology platforms, social media and proactively targeting candidates. You should be able to ensure we provide an excellent candidate experience while meeting our business goals and filling our vacancies.
Ultimately, you will build a strong employer brand for our company so that we can develop strong talent pipelines for current and future hiring needs. You will be a part of the HR Team and you will work closely with the leadership team which sits in Oslo and London and hiring leaders to agree on talent priorities. You can be based in either Oslo or London, travelling should be expected.
What you’ll be doing
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies to attract diverse candidates.
- Serve as an important guardian of the Gelato culture.
- Proactively identify and understand business needs and work with the leadership team to prioritize talent needs.
- Participate in our company’s strategic planning regarding employee development and engagement.
- Evaluate and refine sourcing and selection procedures.
- Design and execute recruiting strategies to attract, evaluate and hire qualified candidates.
- Research and recommend new sourcing tools and recruiting software.
- Develop and refine the employee value proposition with the senior leadership team; identify gaps and inconsistencies and make recommendations to address.
- Oversee and improve the overall candidate experience.
- Maintain talent pipelines with potential candidates and past applicants for future staffing needs.
- Ensure proper onboarding and training for new hires.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends.
- Proactively search and attend educational seminars, networking, and industry events in order to gather such knowledge, as well as learning from hiring leaders to understand the qualifications of prospective team members.
- Participate in recruitment events to establish a strong employer brand.
- Make recommendations on when to leverage external sourcing.
- As required, manage targeted recruitment effectively through third parties.
Who you are
You are committed to sourcing the best candidates and engaging with them on a compelling vision of Gelato. You are a passionate defender of the Gelato culture and own the candidate experience. You are confident and experienced in working with people of all backgrounds and capabilities. You understand internal recruiting best practices and how to manage a candidate pipeline and recruiting process.
You are committed to excel with energy and endurance. You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots. You know moving fast is not a reason to lower the quality bar. You have high integrity, you roll up your sleeves and follow through on tasks and prioritize ruthlessly. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless and excited to help build something awesome and share it with the world. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew.
Moreover, we would like to see the following in your profile:
- You are ambitious & self-driven.
- You have superior organizational skills.
- Proven work experience as a Talent Acquisition or similar senior-level HR position.
- Hands-on experience with candidate hunting, interviewing and evaluation.
- Ability to understand technical roles and conduct screening interviews.
- Tech and Product recruitment/headhunting.