Marketing Data Analyst
The Marketing Data Analyst is responsible for facilitating marketing decisions that drive profitable growth through a data-driven approach. You will maintain and report on high-level marketing performance, recommending and executing deep dives to create actionable insights, as well as supporting marketeers in their daily, operational activities. Combining advanced knowledge about tools used in data analytics with a deep understanding of today's digital marketing landscape, you will not just respond to marketeers’ needs, but will also take a proactive approach in reshaping and enhancing marketing activities run by the business, thus maximizing marketing performance and profitably.
You have incredible stamina, resilience, and grit. You’re a doer, who changes until winning. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty while never losing sight of the long-term ambition, this quarters budget, and today’s customers.
What you will be doing
- Paint a comprehensive picture of how Optimalprint’s marketing activities contribute to the overall business performance and its specific KPI’s.
- Work with campaign managers in establishing viable AB and multivariate tests.
- Create actionable insights from regular analysis and deep dives to support decision making in the Marketing team.
- Create, develop, maintain and troubleshoot 3rd-party datasets so that they can be easily used together with own internal data.
- Identify gaps and discrepancies between internal and 3rd-party data and, through this, support our product and tech team in the development and maintenance of web tracking functionality.
- Lead efforts to automate the reporting of 3rd-party data.
- Proactively participate in shaping the data architecture of our BI tools.
- Create self-service dashboards in our BI tools to cater for the reporting needs of marketing stakeholders.
- Participate in the ongoing creation of overall and channel-specific forecasts for the Marketing team.
- Eagerly evangelize a data-driven approach among marketeers.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily and prioritize ruthlessly.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- M.Sc./M.A. degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or another data driven field.
- An experienced analyst with 3+ years of experience working in a similar role in a business within a fast paced and dynamic B2C multi-market environment.
- Demonstrated experience proactively driving marketing analytics.
- Knowledgeable about both digital and traditional marketing and audience segmentation methodologies for acquisition and retention. Experience in multichannel marketing preferred.
- Able to build complicated SQL queries on the fly.
- Having experience with working with BI tools. Well-versed in Python or R. Knowledge of machine learning methods and algorithms is a very nice addition.
- An expert in preparing easily digestible visualizations, able to draw conclusions from multiple data sets.
- Good understanding of web tracking is a nice-to-have (GTM, GA, DCM).
- Up-to-date with (and passionate about) the latest trends, best practices, and technology solutions in online marketing and measurement.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver zero-defect analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong ability to conceptualize and communicate complex topics in a simple and factual way.
- Business-fluent in English, and good with at least one other language.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.