In-house Art Director
We’re looking for a talented and inspiring designer to help us tell the story of Optimalprint and why it matters. As the In-house Art Director, you are responsible for all creatives that are part of our communication. You have a strong passion for creating innovative and original creatives and marketing campaigns that stand out, engages and supports the brand and always base your creatives on a deep understanding of the target audience needs.
You are an expert in handling all facets of the creative process — and the creative industry — in order to produce the best work. You will handle the entire creative process from idea, concept creation to execution. You will direct all creative work, manage designers (in-house and freelancers) and work closely with creative agencies and partners to create world-class creatives and marketing campaigns that support the brand. You will play a central role in shaping and redefining the new Optimalprint brand, creating a new brand identity and brand guidelines, so more people around the world understand how Optimalprint allows them to enjoy and share their memories.
What you will be doing
- Play a central role in shaping the new Optimalprint brand, a new brand identity and brand guidelines.
- Translate marketing and business objectives into clear creative strategies and marketing concepts.
- Create integrated marketing campaigns with a strong focus on digital channels.
- Manage the entire creative process from idea, concept to execution, handling in-house creative production for all communication channels.
- Quality checks and review creative work and provide feedback to creative partners.
- Ensure that all creatives are brand consistent and support the Optimalprint brand in all touch points.
- Support or lead external creative agencies, designers, and partners in the production of marketing collaterals.
- Work closely with multidisciplinary project teams and internal stakeholders.
- Oversee team allocation, budget, and hiring with help of managers and producers.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior communication skills, high integrity and great attention to detail. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Graphic Design from top design school or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a creative role within an agency or similar organization, with emphasis on consumer marketing for brands across mediums (web, mobile, video, print) and countries.
- A solid and strong personal portfolio that shows creative range, innovative thinking, and demonstrates experience in creating brand identities and marketing concepts. Please submit a link to your online portfolio as part of the application.
- Prior experience of digital branding projects.
- Great understanding of composition, grid systems, typography, colours and passionate about digital, visual identity and clean, functional design.
- Attention to detail, organized and understanding the importance of exceptional production throughout projects.
- Ability to storyboard, illustrate, or translate ideas into designs and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.
- Business-fluent in English.