Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Following our global expansion, we are looking for an experienced Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to join our growing team of engineers and product managers.
You will bring your knowledge of testing and testability to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, privacy, and other advanced quality concepts across all of our products. You will not be afraid of pitching in and contributing code where appropriate and you will serve as mentor and guide to the development and QA teams.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work closely with the Product Managers, Developers and QA Engineers to ensure that the engineering teams deliver exceptional output to support the business goals.
This position is based in London.
What you will be doing
- Mentoring and guiding the engineering teams and QA engineers.
- Ensuring that Gelato develops and releases high quality products to its millions of customers across the world.
- Accelerate the pace of release by advising on tools and frameworks for accuracy, repeatability and scalability.
- Define and execute manual and automated tests to constantly improve test coverage and test effectiveness.
- Collaborating with colleagues as part of the Technology management team
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is very hard but that is what you want to achieve. You have superior communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, high integrity and great attention to detail. You are a natural and comfortable leader, have excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. You are a self-starter with the ability to excel with little to no direction. You are naturally curious. You're innovative, creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect dots.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field.
- A strong record of team management and mentoring.
- Solid background as a Developer.
- Demonstrated experience in leading automated QA effort on large-scale software projects.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring and reporting quality-related metrics.
- Great thinking, planning and organizational ability.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communications skills.