Project Manager (Customer Service)
Gelato keeps on growing. Ever since our start almost a decade ago we have been committed to one thing above all else; being customer obsessed in everything that we do. This is manifested in our culture, products, and not least our continuing effort to always provide excellent customer service. This role represents an opportunity to join a fast growing company with a true focus on customer care.
We are an entrepreneurial organisation at heart and for the right candidate there is no limit to what good ideas and initiatives can bring in terms of impact. You will have an opportunity to truly change the way we operate and join a team full of ambitious colleagues that have the same ambitions and goals as you do.
What you will be doing
Gelato is seeking an experienced Project Manager Customer Service to join the team. In this role you will work with tech teams and product managers to drive technical improvements on behalf of customer service, monitoring the program’s overall progress implementation: anticipating risks, resolving issues and initiating corrective actions as appropriate.
You must be an experienced Project Manager who has owned and delivered complex programs within the Customer Service sector. You will be comfortable in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment, with the ability to define, design and drive the program’s road map.
- You will be responsible for driving a highly visible.
- Customer Advocacy program.
- Advocating for the short and long term fixes and decisions needed on behalf of our customers.
- You will define the customer service contact reduction initiatives for the program and gain consensus and clear alignment with other teams within Gelato.
- You will deliver customer experience improvements measured by contact reduction (volume of calls/chats/emails to customer service).
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a few years of experience in the Customer Service or Customer Experience field. Your track record will show that you have been operationally responsible for a CS organisation or large scale customer experience program in either a managing capacity or as a team/project leader. However, the most important asset you will bring to this role is your personality. You are not customer oriented, you are customer obsessed. When we call your references they will tell us how you always go above and beyond for customers in an effort to always exceed their expectations.
Besides these experiences and attributes we would like to see evidence of the following in your background:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or relevant field with excellent academic results. A graduate degree is preferred.
- A track record of project management with evidence of customer focused results and on time delivery. Experience within call centres is preferable.
- Data analysis skills with experience advocating for customer improvements.
- Expert planner with business process definition experience and a strong IT aptitude.
- A proven ability to influence change at all levels within an organization.
- Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- system thinker who proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources to make the right decisions.
- Innovative thinker who bridges the gap between adhering to details and staying aligned with long term plans on one hand and thinking big and challenging the existing processes on the other hand.
- Can act decisively, promptly and confidently.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and written with an ability to communicate with all levels in the organization (technical, business, executive).
- Experienced communicator in written and spoken word on a technical, operational and executive level.