The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager is responsible for implementing Optimalprint search engine marketing strategies as well as the pay-per-click (PPC) advertising strategies. You will play a pivotal measuring results, making recommendations, and implementing changes and enhancements in the SEM programs in place.
The changes include running day-to-day, monthly, and quarterly SEM processes for various marketing search campaigns and implementing new or revised keywords, ad copy, bid, landing pages, and other related SEM approaches and strategies.
You will work together with a best-in-class team of performance marketeers, technology vendors, and digital marketing agencies to promote our brand and offering, and increase conversions. You will be driving the commercial performance (revenue and cost) of SEM through systematic campaign-specific and overall measurement and results. You will work closely with the Head of Customer Acquisition and the rest of the marketing team in target-setting as well as post-campaign performance evaluations.
You are truly passionate about SEM and love working on and learning about it. You have incredible stamina, resilience, and grit. You’re a doer, who changes until winning. You feel comfortable getting your hands dirty while never losing sight of the long-term ambition, this quarters budget, and today’s customers.
The position is based in Oslo (Norway).
What you'll do
- Manage the SEM budget across countries and products to meet revenue, CPA, and ROAS targets.
- Manage SEM partners to profitably drive new customer growth.
- Analyse, execute and optimize SEM, PPC campaigns across all type of devices.
- Work closely with search engine partners such as Google to ensure that best practice is implemented across all activity and the team is included in all relevant new products/features.
- Lead testing efforts across copy, targeting, bidding strategies and keyword management.
- Develop break-through insights and translate them into concrete actionable recommendations for the product management team to ensure full optimisation of the landing page experience.
- Research new online marketing and advertising technologies, including artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Be responsible for growing our customer base globally.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have superior communication skills, high integrity and great attention to detail.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- Passion for Gelato and our vision – sharing creativity. Deep passion for working with SEM.
- M.Sc./M.A. degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or another data driven field.
- 4+ years of experience in SEM, PPC in B2C/e-commerce, including demonstrable experience leading and managing paid campaigns in Adwords.
- Experience with paid social channels (esp. Facebook and Instagram), programmatic advertising is a big plus.
- Experience with handling acquisition campaigns for apps is also a big plus (Apple Search Ads, Facebook, Instagram, Google UAC).
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate testing.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools, such as Google Analytics. Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels (conversion rate optimization) is a big plus.
- Comfortable with automation tools for Adwords. Experience with DCM is a plus.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. Strong attention to detail and zero-defect.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including strong ability to conceptualize and communicate complex topics in a simple and factual way. Business-fluent in English, and good with at least one other language.
- Strong ability to think independently yet operate effectively in and with teams.