Bilingual Operations Support Specialist (English/Spanish)
Gelato is a global software company with 130 employees in 13 offices around the world. We are bringing sharing economy principles into the $800 billion printing industry. Despite what many believe, the printing industry is actually growing and is approx. 50x larger than the music industry (recorded music). The problem is that companies ship printed materials around the world for events, distributors or for local offices. Our vision is to change this and help companies print locally and on-demand. In this way we can reduce shipping distances up to 90% and lower print volumes 50% or more.
You will be part of our team of escalations specialists to secure efficient and excellent quality communication with Customer Service front line agents and Gelato print partners in the US, Canada and Latin America. Also, you will support local Gelato Globe clients, as well as help the global team with coverage of our international clients. You will have a tangible impact on the way that we operate and expand our business.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on customer-obsessed problem solver, who wants to exceed expectations, is eager to learn and improve.
The position is based in Boston area (Waltham).
What you will be doing
- Managing escalations from our printer partners and shipping providers
- Assisting Customer Service front line agents and Gelato print partners with technical and knowledge support.
- Investigating, reproducing, assessing the scale, finding the root cause, and resolving issues connected with the daily production as well as complicated end user queries.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality, 1-2 years of experience in the Customer Service or Customer Experience field and experience working with data. You are comfortable interacting with senior stakeholders and able to articulate concepts, reframe old thought patterns and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
More than that we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- University degree, or in lieu of degree, 5+ years of relevant experience in customer service or operations
- Ability to adapt, change and grow quickly as we build the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with great attention to detail.
- Strong client facing and communication skills.
- An entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to find new solutions to issues that arise.
- All candidates should be business-fluent in English. Working proficiency in Spanish is required.
What we offer
We offer the rare opportunity to change the world in such that everyone around you can use the services you’ve been part of building. We’re not just another social web application; we’re improving one of the world’s largest industries. Join a motivated, hard-working and passionate team in a dynamic and energetic startup environment.
What we do
Gelato is kind of like Airbnb, but instead of connecting to idle beds around the world, we connect to professional print houses. By printing locally and on-demand, we help global companies reduce shipping distances up to 90%, lower print volumes and reduce costs up to 50%.
We are a global company with a global team. We hire for attitude and train for skills. We battle over ideas - which is why we don't believe in hierarchies - we all have equal value. We believe innovation happens when the quality of an idea matters, not the person who had it. We collaborate and build relationships. We speak about things as they are and how they feel.
We have just set up our first US office, and we´re looking for a talented and hungry person to help grow and manage the operations in the US and Latin America. You would be working closely together with the growing team in the US, as well as operations team which is split across Europe and the rest of the world. As we continue to grow we want you to grow with us and for the right candidate there is no limit to where this opportunity might take you.
We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continuously.