Senior Back-end Developer
Following our global expansion, we are seeking a talented Back-end Developer to join our growing team. You will work in a tight, high performing team to deliver web products and solutions that delight our customers. You will learn, grow and share your skills and knowledge within the team and across the wider Gelato technology organisation.
You thrive in a fast-moving environment and have the ability to guide and mentor the rest of the team.
What you will be doing
- Developing and improving services that support our platforms and products.
- Taking operational responsibility for the services that you and your team build.
- Staying up to date with related technologies and trends.
- Working closely with architects and product managers to define high-performance, scalable, future proof services.
- Collaborating with other engineers and QA leads as a valuable member of a cross-functional team.
- Mentoring and developing newer, less experienced team members.
Who you are
In order to be successful in this role you will need to have a start-up mentality. You are committed to excel with energy and endurance while you understand that building a company is hard but satisfying work. You have high integrity and exhibit great attention to detail.
Moreover, we would like to see evidence of the following in your profile:
- A minimum of B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Solid experience (minimum 5 years) as a Senior Developer in web applications with SOA.
- Familiar in PHP development with Symfony and PostgreSQL.
- Proficient in MongoDB, RabbitMQ.
- Proficient in test automation techniques and working in a continuous integration environment.
- Familiar with application security and scalability.
- Experience with all, expert in at least one of: Java, NodeJS, PHP.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communications skills.