Senior Full Stack Developer
We are looking for talented Full Stack Developers to join our growing team. You will work in a small, high performing team of colleagues (Software and Web Developers) in a friendly atmosphere, to deliver web products and solutions that delight our customers. You will bring experience and practice with you and can use this to contribute to the continuous improvement of our development processes and methodologies.
You will learn, grow and are happy to share your skills and knowledge within the team and across the wider Gelato technology organisation. You can thrive in a fast-moving environment and guide & mentor the rest of the team.
What you will be doing
- Developing and improving services that support our platforms and products.
- Taking operational responsibility for the services that you and your team build.
- Staying up to date with related technologies and trends.
- Working closely with architects and product managers to define high-performance, scalable, future proof services.
- Collaborating with other engineers and QA leads as a valuable member of a cross-functional team.
- You are mentoring and developing newer, less experienced team members.
Who you are
You excel with energy and endurance. You understand that building a company is hard but that is what you want to achieve!
You have excellent problem-solving, organisational, and analytical skills. You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise. You are open-minded, resourceful and enthusiastic. Energised by working on tights schedules with a multinational team in a rapidly growing business environment. You value attitude over competence. You are a self-starter with the ability to excel with little to no direction, you're innovative, creative and constantly looking for deeper ways to approach problems and connect the dots.
Moreover, we would like to see the evidence of the following in your profile:
- A minimum of B.S. degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Solid experience (minimum 5 years) as a Developer/Senior Developer in web applications with SOA.
- Familiar in PHP development with Symfony and PostgreSQL.
- Deep knowledge of modern front-end development frameworks and tools.
- Good understanding of building shared UI components and test-driven development.
- A sharp eye for design and UX details.
- Proficient in MongoDB, RabbitMQ.
- Proficient in test automation techniques and working in a continuous integration environment.
- Familiar with application security and scalability.
- Experience with all, expert in at least one of: Java, NodeJS, PHP.
- Fluent in English with strong verbal and written communications skills.
All candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK and will be expected to provide documentation to support this status. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visa or relocation at this time.